This section of JLH Heaven is a collection of quotes straight out from Jennifer’s mouth, or quotes on her by other celebrities, friends and family. We have sorted the quotes into separete categories, which you can view below. For quotes from Jennifer on her film productions and TV series, head over to our career section. Each of Jennifer’s projects has it’s own page featuring quotes from her and her co-stars.
You can also find a lot of quotes of Jennifer’s from her book “The Day I Shot Cupid: Hello, My Name Is Jennifer Love Hewitt and I’m a Love-aholic” in our career section here.
On Life & Childhood
- “When I came to Los Angeles, it was the first time that I ever felt like I belonged somewhere. Not because it was wacky, but because people here understood what I felt like to perform, and there were other kids my age who wanted to do it. I didn’t get looked at as, ‘God, you freak.'”
- I don’t want to ever, ever do something in life that isn’t fun. Ever.
- I like cats. I used to have a lot of cats, but I don’t anymore, now I just have a dog. It does take a certain temperament to have a cat, as they do have certain personalities.
- I love to take care of people, so I think I’d be a good vet. I always wanted to be a vet when I was little.
- I think we are ready to know that there are going to be people who are ready to save the world, who come out when you’re in trouble and make sure that you’re okay.
- I’m a hopeless romantic, and very much the person in a relationship to go: If things are going well, I’ll buy the flowers, remember the dates of things, plan fun nights out.
- I’m a hopeless romantic. It’s disgusting. It really is. I’ve seen ‘While You Were Sleeping’, like, twenty times, and I still believe in the whole Prince Charming thing.
- I’ve literally, in my entire life I’ve had two guys come up to me and ask me out. Other than that I have had to go and try to like spend time with them, or sort of start the conversation, basically like spell it out in a Sharpie, like, you know?
- There’s a difference between wanting to be respected and being a strong female and being known for being able to do things, but still very much wanting guys to open the door, wanting them to ask us out, still bringing flowers and stuff like that.
- I`ve dated some actors that you probably never want to go out with, but that`s not because they`re actors, but because we didn`t connect.
- (on criticism of her weight) To set the record straight, I’m not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image. A size two is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size zero doesn’t make you beautiful.
- (on rumors of her and Alec Baldwin being together) And truthfully it was insulting to me, because it went from being a ha-ha-ha rumour of ‘Are they cuddling on set?’ to ‘Was this the reason Jennifer got hired?’ Insinuations that I wasn’t there for my ability, that I was just there to be his chick were really insulting. Normally I don’t get offended by those things, but that I was offended by.
- (on the rumor that she was dating Ben Flajnik) I don’t know why people are making such a big deal! I was looking for something pop culture to tweet about. I’m new to the Twitter situation and I wanted to have fun with the twitters out there.
- I wish I had been nude from the time I was 12 until I was 28. I used to scoff and say, ‘No, I feel fat today!’ Now the joke’s on me.
- I’d rather be the girl next door than hear: ‘Oh, there’s the ho-bag.’
- I love that whole princess mentality, but I also like throwing my hair in a ponytail and just wearing jeans, going on a hike and then eating a big chili-cheeseburger.
- I need to go live my life a little better, because I don’t want to go with unfinished business. I don’t want to have somebody have to help me with my goodbyes later. It’s important to say, ‘I love you’, to somebody you haven’t said it to in a while because it matters.
- It might sound so stupid, but guys do not hit on me. I’m not really sure why, but it’s very rare that a guy will ever come up to me and be like, “I’m going to lay down my game right now, and you’re going to like it.”
- (On bad pickup lines) Well, I did get one that was so bad I gave the guy 10 minutes of my time. He was like, “Are you Irish? ’Cause my penis is Dublin.” It was so stupid, but I thought it took some wit at least.
- (On secret skills) Pole dancing. It’s a great way to stay in touch with your sexuality. I also love to cook, so I can have a cake in the oven while I do a pole dance.
On Beauty, Fashion & Health
- [In a Playboy interview, Love commented about her breasts] “I just accepted them as a great accessory to every outfit”.
- “I don’t consider myself a great dresser either. But I try. Most of the time I’m in khakis and a white T-shirt. I’m a total Gap girl. Super casual, hair in a pony tail and no makeup.” – in response to being voted as one of the Worst Dressed by People magazine.
- “I try to find things that are insanely cheap and brilliant. My Bonne Bell lip gloss is about 75 cents, and I have worn it as my lipstick to almost every main event in Hollywood in the past two years.” – quoted in Woman’s World (27 December 2005)
- I would just love once to be called sexy. Just because it would make me something other than cute.
- I do love Italian food. Any kind of pasta or pizza. My new pig out food is Indian food. I eat Indian food like three times a week. It’s so good.
- (on a beauty tip) Elizabeth Taylor taught me that if you do your hair and makeup first then take a hot bath right before you leave, it brings out your inner glow and takes away the powdery look from makeup. I do that right before every date.
- (referencing a John Mayer song) My body is far from a wonderland. My body is more like a pawnshop. There’s a lot of interesting things put together, and if you look closely you’d probably be excited, but at first glance, not so much.
- (joking on how to talk with ghosts) Wear tiny tops. They listen better with cleavage.
- on wearing a shirt that said, “Silicone Free”) I was kind of nervous that people would be offended by it, but Australians have a good sense of humour; I don’t think it would have gone over well in LA or New York. But it loosened everybody up about my chest; it became a joke. I just wanted people to take it lightly, it’s not a big deal. I still wear that T-shirt, it cracks me up.
- The fun part of being a girl is that there are little beauty things you can do to make yourself feel special. I can walk around all day and think, Nobody has any idea that I have a sparkly secret in my pants right now. It kind of took off after I wrote about it in my book, and now I have strangers coming up to me all the time like, “Oh, my God, I’m vagazzaled right now. Want to see?” I’m like, “No, I don’t, but congratulations.”
- (When asked if she still is vagazzaling) I was vagazzaled for my Maxim shoot.
- (On the part of her body which she is most proud of) It’s horrible to say, but I like my boobs. They’ve always served me well. They’re good.
- I love the Victoria’s Secret Angels. They’re sort of my gorgeous glamour heroes.
- Vagazzaling is where you stick Swarovski crystals on the female area to add a little glitz and glamour. I actually named it that because it’s like BeDazzling for your hoo-ha.
On Career & Fame
- (on dating with her type of career)I think more dating stuff is scheduling. It’s needing people who understand your work schedule.
- I’d never watch a horror film, but after I found out I was going to be in one, I watched, like, four of them, including The Shining, I was terrified – I couldn’t sleep for days. But I wanted to get myself used to things I was going to see on the set.
- You are the only person who can sell you, so you do spend a lot of time in your job by yourself everyday.
- I don`t really consider myself famous, so I hope not, because if so, there are many more, famous people that they can be nervous about than me.
- I don’t consider stardom to be anything related with me. I hope that the only way this business will ever change me will be a good life.
- (On her 2012 Maxim shoot) We had a good time. It was a little strange because I did the shoot in somebody’s backyard with literally just a bra and panties.
Others On Jennifer